2013 Poverty Data Is Coming. Are You Ready?
From our friends at CHN:
Get ready for the September 16 and 18 release of Census Poverty data with CHN’s annual webinar training, co-sponsored by Community Action Partnership. Join expert Jared Bernstein, former Chief Economist and Economic Advisor to Vice President Biden, to hear what the new data will likely show about poverty, income, health insurance and much more. You’ll also learn how you can access and utilize national, state, and local data. The training is free and all webinar registrants will receive timely follow-up information before and after the data is released. This training will be available on-demand. Be sure to register to receive all materials and updates.
The New Poverty Data: Using it to Show What Works (and What Doesn’t) to Reduce PovertyThursday, September 11
2:00 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. ET (11:00 a.m. PT)
Register Now: https://chn.peachnewmedia.com/store/seminar/seminar.php?seminar=29999#blank
- Jared Bernstein, Senior Fellow, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities: Jared is an economist and frequent commentator on CNBC, MSNBC, in the New York Times, and through his own blog, On the Economy. From 2009 – 2011, Jared was the Chief Economist and Economic Advisor to Vice President Joe Biden, and now is a Senior Fellow at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.
Registrants will receive:
- Deborah Weinstein, Executive Director, Coalition on Human Needs: Debbie has been analyzing the Census data for decades, at CHN and previously at the Children’s Defense Fund, specializing in helping advocates to understand how to use the information quickly and accurately.
If you can't tune in on September 11, please register so that you will receive all related follow-up materials and the link to the on-demand training as soon as it is available.
- Full recording of webinar and slides from webinar
- Tables with state data from Center on Budget and Policy Priorities as soon as data is released
- Links to key Census Bureau materials showing your state’s trends in poverty, health coverage, income, unemployment, educational attainment, and use of benefits
- Links to timely analyses of the data from key expert organizations
- Sample letters to the editor; key points you can incorporate in your own letters, blogs, or other pieces
To register and for more info: https://chn.peachnewmedia.com/store/seminar/seminar.php?seminar=29999#blank