Ask Congress to Support Homeless Youth and Runaway Programs!

From our friends at the National Network for Youth

The House and Senate are setting funding levels for federal spending levels for FY 2015 and your help is needed!

The House has a bipartisan Dear Colleague Letter circulating that is asking members of the U.S. House of Representatives to sign a letter to the House Appropriations Committee.

The letter asks the Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies allocate sufficient funding to support to the Runaway and Homeless Youth Act (RHYA) program.

You can reach your Members' offices using the congressional switchboard at (202) 224-3121. Ask that your Representative sign on to the Dear Colleague that is asking for sufficient funding for the Run way and Homeless Youth Act (RHYA) and the McKinney-Vento Education for Homeless Children and Youth (EHCY) program.

Here is a fact sheet you can view before calling.


Popular posts from this blog

Pennsylvania Plans to Reinstate Asset Limits on SNAP (Food Stamps)

Overlooked and Undercounted: Struggling to Make Ends Meet in Pennsylvania

Supporting PathWays PA throughout the year