Photo ID Required for November 2012 Election
ALL voters will be required to show a photo ID before voting at a polling place
- Photo IDs issued by the U.S. Federal Government or the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania:
- Pennsylvania driver's license or non-driver's license photo ID (IDs are valid for voting purposes 12 months past expiration date)
- Valid U.S. passport (not expired)
- U.S. military ID - active duty and retired military (a military or veteran's ID must designate an expiration date or designate that the expiration date is indefinite). Military dependents' ID must contain an expiration date
- Employee photo ID issued by Federal, PA, County or Municipal government'(not expired)
- Photo ID cards from an accredited public or private Pennsylvania college or university (not expired)
- Photo ID cards issued by a Pennsylvania care facility, including long-term care facilities, assisted living residences or personal care homes (not expired)
If you do not have one of these IDs and require one for voting purposes, you may be entitled to get one FREE OF CHARGE at a Penn DOT Driver License Center. To find the Driver License Center nearest you, and learn what identification and residency documentation you will need to get a photo ID, or for more information, visit www.votesPA.com or call 1-877-VotesPA (1-877- 868-3772). You can also learn how to vote if you have a religious exemption to having your photograph taken.
NO ONE legally entitled to vote will be denied the right to do so. If you do not have a photo ID or are indigent and unable to obtain one without payment of a fee, you may cast a provisional ballot, and will have six days to provide your photo ID and/or an affirmation to your county elections office to have your ballot count.