Back-to-School: New Breakfast Matters Calls and Updated Outreach Materials
From our friends at FRAC
A new school year means new resources for anti-hunger advocates. First, FRAC is excited to announce the return of its successful Breakfast Matters conference call series. Sign up today for the next two calls:
- September 15, 3 p.m. ET – Breakfast for Health
Our 2011-12 school year will kick off with a call featuring a new FRAC resource that summarizes research findings on the importance of school breakfast to children’s health.
- October 27, 3 p.m. ET – Effective Messaging to Promote Breakfast in the Classroom
This call will feature a discussion of effective communication strategies to promote breakfast in the classroom.
- Back to School Strategies (pdf) outlines several approaches to ensure that schools capture newly eligible families and draw down additional federal funds.
- A Guide to Qualifying Students for School Meals (pdf) lays out important strategies for increasing the number of eligible children accessing school meals and helping schools to leverage additional funding.
- School Meals Outreach Brochure explains to parents how to seek free or reduced-price school meals for their children. English version (pdf). Spanish version (pdf).
For questions and technical assistance, contact Madeleine Levin at email@example.com.