Earned Sick Days Bill Vetoed by Mayor Nutter
Despite this veto, PathWays PA and the Coalition for Healthy Families and Workplaces will continue working with City Council to do everything possible to support the 71 percent of Philadelphians who want paid sick days and the 210,000 workers (and their families) who need them. Please continue to visit the Coalition's website, post on the Facebook page, and let us know what you are thinking via Twitter. We will certainly be doing the same!
Below are some articles from the media on the veto.
- June 29, 2011 - Philly Mayor’s Veto Won’t Halt Momentum for Paid Sick Days
- June 29, 2011 - Nutter Vetoes Paid-Sick-Time Bill
- June 29, 2011 - Mayor Nutters Vetoes Paid Sick Leave Bill
- June 28, 2011 - Nutter Vetoes Mandatory Sick Leave in Philly
- June 28, 2011 - Nutter Vetoes Philadelphia’s Paid Sick Leave Bill
- June 28, 2011 - Mayor Nutter Vetoes Sick Leave Legislation