SNAP Public Service Announcement Scripts Available

As part of the 2010 Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) National Media Campaign, paid radio advertising for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) will soon be airing in Texas, California, Florida and Colorado.  For those of us not living in those states, FNS has also made scripts for Public Service Announcements (PSA's) available on their website under National Media Campaign – Radio Announcement Audio Files and Scripts.  Below is a portion of one of the scripts:

MAN: Nowadays, everyone is really busy. And we’re all running — trying to keep up with work, kids and errands.

WOMAN: Some of us even work more than one job to support our families. Still, with rent and all the bills, it’s hard to buy good food.

MAN: But there is a way to get some extra help for your family. It’s called SNAP, the new name for the federal Food Stamp Program.
Scripts are available in English and Spanish, and there are also some older scripts for Radio Novelas.  Organizations can work with their local radio stations to run these PSA's to ensure that more people learn about SNAP. 

In Pennsylvania, 72 percent of eligible people participate in the food stamp program, ranking the state 11th in the country.  However, that leaves 28 percent of eligible Pennsylvanians without access to services for which they qualify.  If you, your family, or anyone you know is struggling to pay for food, please contact PathWays PA for a prescreening over the phone to see if you qualify for food stamps. We can be reached at 610-543-5022 if you live in Delaware County, or 215-387-1470 in Philadelphia. You can also call the PA Hunger Action Center at 800-FOOD-997.

image courtesy of  Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the section entitled "GNU Free Documentation License".


Popular posts from this blog

Pennsylvania Plans to Reinstate Asset Limits on SNAP (Food Stamps)

Overlooked and Undercounted: Struggling to Make Ends Meet in Pennsylvania

Supporting PathWays PA throughout the year