The agreement came at a price, though. No action was taken on the Dreamers (although there was a promise made to address the issue), and, in three weeks, we may be back here again. The budget resolution passed only funds the budget through February 8, giving Congress a short window to make decisions on a long-term plan.
- Ask Congress to pass a budget that invests in everyone.
- Call Congress at (202) 224-3121. Here's a sample script: "My name is ___, and I live in ___'s district. I am calling today to share my feelings on the federal budget. OUr communities are relying on programs like SNAP, rental assistance, clean air and water, Medicaid, and so much more. Please ensure they have the funding they need in the next budget resolution."
- The Coalition on Human Needs has sample language for social media and emails here.
- Call to support the Dream Act!
- Despite taking action on CHIP, Community Health Centers remain unfunded. Meanwhile, the Administration has given the green light to imposing work requirements on Medicaid recipients - at least ten states have already asked for waivers to go ahead with these requirements. PHAN will hold a webinar on 1/24/17 at 7:00 pm to help you learn how to write Letters to the Editor on these and other important healthcare issues - sign up here!