From our friends at the Coalition on Human Needs
Our American Story and Community Action Partnership to Host Webinar About the 50th Anniversary of the War on Poverty
January 2014 marks the 50th anniversary of the War on Poverty, a time when our nation came together to make a national commitment to reduce poverty in America. Anti-poverty advocates must be well-equipped to face the challenge and opportunity that this important anniversary brings.
War on Poverty Webinar
Thursday, November 7
2:00 p.m. to 3:15 p.m.
To that end, Our American Story, a partnership of Half in Ten and Coalition on Human Needs, and the Community Action Partnership are co-hosting a webinar on Thursday, November 7, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:15 p.m., to provide participants with more information on the anniversary and the latest advocacy resources you can leverage to make the most of it, with a particular focus on how storytelling can help all of us push back on misinformation and lay the groundwork for proactive policy that will cut poverty in America going into the next 50 years.
Speakers will include:
- Debbie Weinstein (moderator), Executive Director, Coalition on Human Needs
- Melissa Boteach, Director, Half in Ten Campaign and the Poverty and Prosperity Program, Center for American Progress
- Erik Stegman, Manager, Half in Ten Campaign
- Almeta Keys, Executive Director, Edward C. Mazique Parent Child Center; contributor, Our American Story
Register here and join us on November 7 to get the tools and resources you need to make the anniversary a success! Help us spread the word!
- Don Mathis, President and CEO, Community Action Partnership