J-Roll Speaks Out Against Dating Violence - Will You?
PathWays PA and Women Against Abuse are excited that famous role models and celebrities -- including Philadelphia's own Jimmy Rollins -- have joined President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden to denounce dating violence.
Watch them speak out against dating violence in this new public service announcement!
This clip is part of Vice President Biden's 1 is 2 Many campaign. Get involved and spread the word!
- People ages 18 and 19 experience the highest rates of stalking.
- Women ages 20-24 experience the highest rates of dating and domestic violence.
- 1 in 10 teens have been physically hurt by a boyfriend or girlfriend in the past year.
- Advocate everyday. Send a message out on Facebook or Twitter to let your friends know that dating violence is common and difficult, and that there are resources out there to help.
- Plug the Philadelphia Domestic Violence Hotline (1-866-723-3014), which is an excellent first point of contact for anonymous, free counseling and safety planning. Start a discussion. Talk to your friends and family about dating violence.
- Learn about abuse and challenge common stereotypes about domestic violence. Be a role model in your own relationships.