Veterans/Underserved Financial Education (2-3 positions)
The VISTA member will play an essential role in our financial literacy program, which provides financial education and public benefits outreach. He or she will be directly contributing to the overall success of the program by working to disseminate information to new and current partners, recruiting new organizational contacts, and developing new publications and resources. This work will ultimately improve the impact of our program.
Economic Opportunity (2-3 positions)
PathWays PA is pursuing several new opportunities to build capacity in financial education work. A VISTA member as part of any of these ventures would be key in recruiting organizations and individuals to attend the center, to create and deliver workshops at the center, and to provide data collection, tracking, and benchmarking as this new project takes off. Other potential projects include recruitment, data collection and tracking for a new incentive-based financial education program to ensure clients stay engaged and work towards long-term financial success. This project may include a research-based component involving a control group and a study group. A VISTA presence would be crucial in developing tracking and measurement materials and increasing the knowledge of existing staff around data and research methods.
The VISTA member will play an essential role in our work within the healthcare industry. He or she will be directly contributing to the overall success of the program by working to disseminate information to our partners, preparing workshops, and encouraging healthcare workers in their financial education.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Basic Computer Skills (Intermediate or Advanced a plus)
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Work Ethic
- Good Communication Skills – Oral & Written
- Good Organizational Skills
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Interest in Non-profit and/or Financial Education
AmeriCorps* VISTA Benefits:
- Monthly Stipend – Approximately $470/two weeks
- Health Benefits
- Child Care Assistance (for those who qualify)
- Relocation Assistance (for those who qualify)
- End of year Stipend ($1,200) or Educational Award ($4,725)
- Life Insurance Option
- Transportation Reimbursement (provided by PathWaysPA)
- To learn more about AmeriCorps* benefits visit http://www.americorps.gov.
To apply for these positions, please visit http://bit.ly/agUJVG and search for "PathWays PA" under Program Name.