Join with adoption organizations, state agencies, adoptive families, advocates, and other interested parties to raise visibility of the adoption tax credit. Help spread the word collectively, through website postings, email blasts, newsletters, social media, and other informational outlets, so eligible families that may not be aware of this benefit can be sure to access the credit. Families who adopted as far back as 2005 may still benefit if they haven't already. Be sure to include non-internet based strategies since some adoptive families do not have access to the internet.
- IRS Form 8839 Instructions: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i8839.pdf
- IRS Form 8839: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8839.pdf
- IRS - adoption tax credit FAQ's: http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=231663,00.html
- Voice for Adoption's distributable postcard: http://voice-for adoption.org/adoption_tax_credit
- Tools & Resources from the North American Council on Adoptable Children (NACAC): http://www.nacac.org/taxcredit/taxcredit.html