Pennsylvania Conference for Women. The Conference is an opportunity for women through out the state to come together for information, advice, and support.
The keynote speaker, Gloria Steinem, spoke to a large crowd of women giving her own advice for women. Below is her top ten list:
10. Treat yourself as well as you treat others.
9. Fear is a sign of growth.
8. Anger can be precious.
7. Use your own unique talents.
6. Measure yourself by the real not the ideal.
5. Look for allies everywhere – do not be bound by conventional hierarchies.
4. There are great advantages to feminine human qualities – use them.
3. Just about everybody can learn to change, even us, even them.
2. Ask for help and surround yourself with people who make you feel smart, not dumb.
And the number one piece of advice from Gloria Steniem is…
1. Remember your humanity, equality and self determination is the key to everything.