This position will coordinate and provide data management and support in preparation for, during, and after the 20010/11 tax season. Site Coordinator experience preferred. This position coordinates scheduling of tax sites and preparers and also trains tax season staff and volunteers. Bachelor’s Degree required. Familiarity and commitment to helping low-income/TANF recipients preferred. This is a 6-7 month position beginning in January. Please fax resumes to: LD/EITC at 610-543-6483.
Full-Time – Seasoned instructor to teach reading, writing, math, ESL, GED® prep and computer basics in North Philadelphia and Delaware County. Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years of teaching adults or children required. Strongly prefer instructor who has experience with the EL/Civics program sponsored by the state Bureau of Adult and Basic Education. Some evening work required. Must have access to reliable transportation. Training in CASAS and TABE preferred.
- Provide instruction on a full-time basis, with 10 hours a week of ABE/GED classes at the PathWays PA EARN Center in North Philadelphia and 10 hours a week of EL/Civics in Delaware County, as per class schedules.
- Start classes on time and conduct them for the prescribed time, and assist with outreach for enrollment, including phone contacts, distribution of fliers and student briefings or orientations.
- Maintain accurate documentation on each student’s progress (attendance, etc.) and other issues.
- Provide case management to students: Making phone calls when students have missed one day of class and keeping accurate documentation on dates and times of contact with students.
- Provide weekly reports on student status: Documentation of students’ attendance, work improvements, any GED® testing (internal and external).
- Compile written summaries of lessons and class activities. Maintain appropriate educational materials/supplies for students and classroom with approval from supervisor.
- Conduct Pre- and Post-Testing on all students if needed, and ensure that all instructor assessment training requirements are met.
- Participate in all required professional development for EL/Civics and ABE/GED instruction.
Part Time PathWays PA is currently seeking English as Second Language (ESL) instructors with BA/BS degree and 2 + years of teaching experience. Knowledge of ESL in healthcare field preferred. Must travel independently in Philadelphia, Delaware, Chester, Montgomery, and Bucks Counties. Lesson-planning and attendance record-keeping, and assessments required. This is a part-time, hourly position. Bilingual a plus. Classes forming now, anticipate completion by the end of December. Fax resumes to LD/LK 610-328-2807.
Part-time and Full-time - need caring and motivated individual to provide support and supervision for Delco group home serving women and children; HS/GED, Associates Degree and experience preferred; driver’s license required. Includes nights and weekends. Fax resumes to: LD/CFF 610-328-2807.
Child Learning Center at Delco Group home. Must have knowledge of early childhood development and ability to nurture and promote positive growth in pre-school age children. AA in Early Childhood Ed. Preferred. Salary $12/hour. Fax resume to LD/CFF 610-328-2807.
Experience in bulk food preparation. The cook/kitchen coordinator shall possess the skills necessary to prepare meals for large groups of people (40-50) and shall have knowledge of nutrition and nutritional meal planning. She/he shall have the ability to understand and follow the USDA mandated guidelines. The cook/kitchen coordinator shall possess the ability to manage food and kitchen supplies. The ideal candidate will have the ability to interact with people and will be flexible and tolerant in dealing with our residents. Prefer GED/HS Diploma. SERVSafe certification required - NO EXCEPTIONS! Must have reliable independent transportation. Location is not accessible by public transportation. Please fax resumes to: LD/CFF at 610-328-2807.
Must possess a BSW or bachelor’s degree in related field of study - human services, counseling, or psychology. The Mentoring Supervisor will have experience with issues related to older adolescents and will have some knowledge and understanding of volunteer recruitment and retention. Candidate shall possess the ability to identify with and adapt to the goals and philosophies of the program. Candidate shall be a mature individual with knowledge of parenting issues, community resources, and the skills necessary to live independently. Candidate shall demonstrate insight, empathy, flexibility, perseverance, team orientation, and a LOVE for teens. Some week-ends and nights are required. Please fax your resumes to: LD/BD at 610-328-2807.
Full-time and Part-Time positions available. To provide guidance, direction and supervision to older adolescent teen mothers and teen girls residing in our Supervised Independent Living Program including conducting some life and parenting skill groups. Live in a house with 3 to 4 girls and their children. Must be available during critical hours-5:00 PM to 8:00 AM- can work part-time during off hours. Must be mature and have an understanding of teen parent and teen girl issues and must have knowledge of basic life skills. Rent and utilities paid by agency plus small stipend and scheduled time off. Location: Philadelphia; Fax resumes to LD/SIL at 610-328-2807.
PathWays PA is an Equal Opportunity Employer