As soon as next week the Senate will begin debating a bill that will permanently extend tax cuts for middle class Americans earning below $250,000/year. We must act now to ensure that members of Congress hear the voices of those who support a responsible tax policy. To this aim, Americans for Responsible Taxes has organized a week of action designed to put pressure on the Senate to support middle class tax cuts and oppose giveaways to the wealthiest costing us $700 billion over the decade ($1 trillion including interest costs).
The message is simple:
- Pass tax cuts for the middle class and working families, as the President has proposed, and let the tax cuts for the wealthiest 2% expire.
- We critically need the $700 billion savings this would create to invest in jobs, protect important programs like Social Security and begin to pay down the long term deficit.
- Don't hold tax cuts for the middle class hostage to an attempt to give more breaks to the wealthy.
Participate in two key actions:
- National Call-in Day on Thursday 9/16: Simply follow this link to click on an icon that calls your Congressional office!
- Email Campaign to Congressional Offices: Follow this link to send a letter to your Senator asking them to support tax cuts for the middle class while ending them for the wealthy.