Dr. Robert Garraty, Deputy Secretary of Workforce Development - Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry
Frank Carey, Executive Director - Delaware County Workforce Investment Board
Carol Goertzel, President/CEO - PathWays PA
Delaware County Healthcare Partnership 2nd Annual Breakfast
May 14, 2010 - 8:30 AM to 10:30 AM
4700 Drexelbrook Drive, Drexel Hill, PA 19026
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
On May 14, 2010, PathWays PA and the Delaware County Healthcare Partnership will celebrate the accomplishments of employers, workers, and workforce development partners who have recognized the economic value that healthcare training brings to our community. Dr. Robert Garraty, Deputy Secretary of Workforce Development in the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry, will be the keynote speaker at this important event.
The Delaware County Healthcare Partnership meets the growing need for an appropriately skilled healthcare workforce by bringing together employers, workers, and other partners to collaborate in developing trainings and meeting other workforce needs. Due to an increasing senior population and advances in healthcare that promote longer life expectancy, the need for additional nurses, nursing assistants, home health aides, and allied health professionals is stronger than ever. By investing in training for their workers, which leads to higher wages, employers improve the care of their clients and the local economy.
"The consortium is an extremely valuable resource for employers who are committed to continued education and training for their workforce," said Carol Finneli, Director of Client Care at Home Helpers. "Together, we develop classes and programs that not only improve job performance but provide a window of opportunity to workers who want to expand their horizons. Our employees appreciate being connected to this valuable resource and enthusiastically attend many of the courses."
Students and workers participating in the Partnership have the option to take free English, Math, Phlebotomy, and EKG classes, some of which are offered for college credits through Delaware County Community College. "We provide access to skill development for workers seeking to improve their skills, move up the healthcare career ladder, and provide better care," says Carol Goertzel, President/CEO of PathWays PA, the convener of the Partnership. "Through the Delaware County Healthcare Partnership, members of the healthcare field can share their knowledge and expertise with each other, making Delaware County a fabulous environment for employers and their workforce."
Please join us on Friday, May 14, 2010 from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at Drexelbrook located at 4700 Drexelbrook Drive, Drexel Hill, PA to honor the many employers and workers who are working hard to improve our economy and the quality of healthcare in Delaware County.
The Delaware County Healthcare Partnership brings together the full spectrum of healthcare providers, educators, and workforce development entities in the Delaware County vicinity. The Partnership's multi-faceted training approach raises workers' skills and credentials to meet employers' needs while also providing workers with the tools necessary to advance in earnings and career ladders.
Last year, the Partnership trained more than 550 workers:
• 191 were connected to college-credit skills classes;
• 42 participated in site-based Workplace ESL classes;
• over 250 took Math/English classes to prepare for standardized tests creating career ladder access to double or triple their earnings;
• more than 70 workers and supervisors completed Workplace Communications and skills classes to improve effectiveness and workplace productivity.
The Partnership has successfully leveraged Commonwealth funding and secured additional funding from multiple sources, including the Jobs Opportunity Investment Network (JOIN) to expand Partnership opportunities. The Partnership's active members include over 50 employers, educational institutions, and workforce development entities.
Delaware County Healthcare Partnership Members
• 1199c Training and Upgrading Fund
• ACTS Retirement-Life Communities, Inc.
• Albert Einstein Healthcare Network
• Bayada Nurses
• Beaumont at Bryn Mawr Retirement Community
• Bryn Mawr Rehab Hospital
• CareLink Community Support Services
• CARIE (Center for Advocacy for the Rights and Interests of the Elderly)
• ChesPenn Health Services
• CHI Institute
• City Team Ministries
• Comfort Keepers
• Crozer Chester Medical Center
• D'Alonzo Associates, Inc.
• Delaware County Commerce Center
• Delaware County Community College
• Delaware County Literacy Council
• Delaware County Memorial Hospital
• Delaware County Office of Employment and Training
• Delaware County Technical Schools
• Delaware County Transportation Management Association
• Delaware County Youth Council
• Devereux Foundation
• Divine Providence Village
• Dunwoody Village
• Elder Connections
• Elwyn, Inc.
• Fair Acres Geriatric Center
• Family Matters Adult Day Care
• Frankford Hospital School of Nursing
• GoldenCare Co., Inc.
• Granny's Helping Hands PA Inc.
• Haverford Nursing & Rehab. Center
• Home Helpers Drexel Hill
• Home Helpers Media
• J.F. Smith & Associates
• Keystone Hospice
• Lankenua Hospital
• LIFE at Home
• Life Science Career Alliance
• Life Style Planning
• Little Flower Manor
• Maris Grove by Erickson Retirement Communities
• MARS Home Health Care
• Martins Run
• Maternity Care Coalition
• Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital
• Mercy Health, Corporate and Government Relations
• Mercy Home Health
• Mid-County Senior Services
• Neumann University
• Nursing Spectrum
• PA CareerLink at Chester City
• PA CareerLink at Media
• PA Department of Labor and Industry
• PA WIB
• PathWays PA
• Pennsylvania Institute of Technology
• Pennsylvania Workforce Investment Board
• Reliance Home Health
• Renaissance Gardens at Maris Grove
• Riddle Memorial Hospital
• Riddle Village
• Right at Home
• Senior Care Ministries
• Southeast PA Workforce Investment Boards
• St. Francis Country House
• St. Ignatius Nursing Home
• Sunrise at Newtown Square
• Supportive Care
• Taylor Hospice
• Taylor Hospital
• The Center Foundation
• The Quadrangle (Sunrise Senior Living)
• The Residence at Glen Riddle
• United Way of Southeast Delaware County
• University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing
• Villanova University
• Wallingford Nursing & Rehab. Center
• Welcoming Center for New Pennsylvanians
• White Horse Village