- 8.1 million residents who have health care coverage through an employer or purchase it themselves will be better protected against insurance company abuses.
- 3 million families will have access to tax credits and other assistance to help reduce the cost of their health care premiums.
- 2.2 million senior citizens will have improved Medicare and pay less in prescription drug costs.
- 262,800 small businesses will be eligible for tax credits to help pay the cost of health care for their employees.
- 143,600 residents with pre-existing conditions can no longer be denied coverage.
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Health Care Reform in Pennsylvania
While health care reform is helping millions of Americans across the country, below is a look at how Pennsylvanians with and without insurance will see real benefits as a result of the legislation: