- More than one in eight Americans now receives benefits from SNAP, with 20,000 more joining their ranks every day.
- At least a quarter of the population receives food stamps in 239 US counties
- At least one in three children use food stamps in 800 US counties
- Nationally, only about one out of every three people eligible for food stamps actually received them in 2007
- In Pennsylvania, 72 percent of eligible people participated in the food stamp program, ranking the state 11th in the country.
(Photo http://www.flickr.com/photos/maulleigh/ / CC BY 2.0 )