In Washington, some legislators are working on a bill that would ensure that future financial products undergo scrutiny by a Consumer Financial Protection Agency. This Agency would independently work towards transparent and safe products and regulations.
If you think a Consumer Financial Protection Agency is the right move, please take a moment to tell your legislators. Our friends at NCTC are offering a variety of contact methods:
Send a letter to your Representative and Senators
- Visit NCTC's Consumer Financial Protection Agency Action page to access these letters.
- After personalizing the sample letter, you can submit them electronically with the click of a button.
- Find your elected officials' contact information.
- Identify yourself as a constituent who works in the district/state.
- State that you want your Representative/Senator to know that you support the creation of a Consumer Financial Protection Agency
- See NCTC's Talking Points for additional information
- If you are planning a meeting with your Legislators, please email Lucy Mullany, NCTC Field Organizer, for more information.