This position is based in Delaware County (Holmes). Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, fluency with data management and reporting required. Need strong written and oral communication skills, staff management experience and familiarity and commitment to helping low income/TANF recipients. Requires management of an established and growing EITC/VITA
Program. Masters Degree required. Fax resumes to: 610-543-6483, attn: LK/SS
Financial Paths Case Manager
Innovative program that promotes economic well-being of low-income families seeks a BS/BA level Financial Paths Case Manager. Must be comfortable with people, computers and TANF system and able to work some evenings and Saturdays. Ability to discuss basic financial planning and budgeting. Independent transportation required; bilingual a plus. 4 year degree required – no exceptions – prefer BSW, background in education, or related field. Counseling experience also preferred. Fax resumes to: JLM/LK 610-543-6483 or e-mail.
Senior Associate, Healthcare Sector Project
Position entails management of an education and training program aimed at low income direct care workers. Master’s degree in public health, management, social work, education, or related field required with 2-3 years of project management. Supervisory experience a must. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills. Must have computer skills in MS Office applications, as well as database and internet programs. Knowledge of healthcare industry and non-profit management experience preferred. Some travel required. E-mail or fax resumes to: 610-543-6483, attention: JL/SS/LK
Career Coach – Self-Sufficiency
To guide entry-level healthcare workers in building a career/education plan. Career Coach will assist clients with accessing public benefits and resources. Preferred candidate will be familiar with higher education systems and health care workforce. Must have BA in education, public health, urban policy, social work or related field. Computer skills in MS Office; valid driver’s license and reliable independent transportation required. Please fax resumes to: LD/SK/SS 610-543-6483.
Full and Part-Time Residential Worker
Need caring and motivated individual to provide support and supervision for Delco group home serving women and children; HS/GED, Associates Degree and experience preferred; driver’s license required. Includes nights and weekends. Fax resumes to 610-543-6483, attention: JL/CFF/ES
Head Cook and Nutrition Counselor
Delco Group Home for Women and Children. Prepare USDA compliant lunch/dinner, provide overall management of the kitchen facilities, conduct nutrition classes and supervise the kitchen helper. Certification in Culinary Arts or comparable training; certified in Safe Food Handling or eligible for certification; ability to cook for 50-60 people; ability to develop and facilitate nutrition classes; some supervisory experience helpful. Hours Monday-Friday 10-6, drivers license and own transportation required. Fax resumes to JL/ES at 610.543.6483.
PathWaysPA is seeking quality therapists to provide trauma-informed therapeutic services to women, teen mothers and teen girls in their homes. Must be trained-in trauma-informed services and be familiar with the S.E.L.F. model; must also be comfortable addressing sexual abuse and domestic violence issues. Flexible hours required. LSW and credentialed/eligible to be credentialed to provide services to CBH members required. Philadelphia and some DELCO area. Full time and Part time position available. Fax resumes to JL/BD at 610.543.6483
Previous experience in case management, job development, and/or job retention environment required. Prefer experience with Job Specific Skills Training (JSST) programs, DPW, PWDC and/or EARN Centers, ability to communicate professionally with employers to maintain ongoing relationships; familiar with issues of at-risk women, children and families. This position will help clients retain employment, establish working relationships with area employers and assist clients in maintaining employment. AA degree or 3 years of experience required. Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred. Fax resumes to EARN/JL/EF 610-543-6483.
North Philadelphia Workforce Development Agency seeking qualified Career Coaches to:
- Provide initial and extended interviews and assessments with customers to identify customer’s needs interests and abilities.
- Provide information to customers about the types of programs and services for which he or she may be eligible.
- Provide crisis intervention counseling and referrals addressing barriers to job search and employment including accessing the local TANF agency and community support services for child care, transportation, housing, clothing, medical care substance abuse, counseling, and domestic assault.
- Job Requirements include: Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively interact with customers and provide short term counseling intervention; knowledge of community social services support/supportive services; commitment to providing friendly customer centered services; knowledge of word and data processing; bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
AmeriCorps* VISTA Volunteer
PathWaysPA is currently recruiting for an AmeriCorps* VISTA to work in our self-sufficiency department. The Self-Sufficiency Department projects focus on increasing financial literacy, providing information and assistance on benefits, free income tax preparation and tax credits education and links to sustaining career choices for low-income working individuals and families. Specifically, the VISTA will help build partnerships with local and state organizations and agencies, recruit and manage volunteers, develop procedures and mechanisms for evaluating our progress, develop processes and fundraising ideas in order to sustain the department, develop and update department publications and assist in our advocacy and policy work.
- Some College Course-work (Degree preferred)
- Basic Computer Skills (Intermediate or Advanced a plus)
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Strong Work Ethic
- Good Communication Skills – Oral & Written
- Good Organizational Skills
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Interest in Non-profit and/or Financial Education
AmeriCorps* VISTA Benefits:
- Monthly Stipend – Approximately $900/month
- Health Benefits
- Child Care Assistance (for those who qualify)
- Relocation Assistance (for those who qualify)
- End of year Stipend ($1,200) or Educational Award ($4,725)
- Life Insurance Option
- Transportation Reimbursement (provided by PathWaysPA)
- To learn more about AmeriCorps* benefits visit http://www.americorps.gov.
- Fax resumes to 610-543-6483 attn: JL/SS/CF
- (Location: Holmes office)
PathWays PA is an Equal Opportunity Employer